Board Room - SMART Board: Connecting Android Device - Wireless (Android+MiraCast App)
Posted by Shannon Mattila on 17 January 2020 10:40 AM
Connecting Android to SMART Board Wirelessly with Miracast for Android 4.2+|
Requires Android Jelly Bean 4.2 or higher operating system.
Note: Your Android device will mirror exactly what your screen looks like and will not be full-screen on the SMART Board unless the screen is adjusted to rotate.
Both devices must be on the same wireless network. Instructions for switching the SMART Board wireless network can be found on the Beginner's Guide.
1. Select Screen Share on the SMART Board
2. Make sure the Android device is connected to the building's wireless network
3. Download and install MiraCast For Android to TV app from Google Play Store
This is a free app. Because it is free, you will experience some advertising prior to screen sharing.
4. Open MiraCast once installed
5. Close any advertisements that pop-up
6. Select the START button
7. On the Smart View pop-up, select the Boardroom option that shows the screen
8. Screen will automatically pick up on the Android device. Once sharing has started, you can press the Home button on the Android device to hide the app but keep it open for screen sharing. When finished sharing screen, click the sharing icon to open options. Select Pause or Disconnect to either pause the screen sharing session or disconnect from the screen sharing session completely.