Weekly Conference Room Schedule Updates
Posted by Shannon Mattila on 18 December 2018 10:15 AM
Front Office TV Updates – Adding Weekly Conference Room Schedule Using Yodeck
- Open the PowerPoint template labeled “WEEKLY CONFERENCE ROOM SCHEDULE_TEMPLATE” from the Share drive
- Adjust the dates on the opening page
- On page 2, adjust the dates in the top right corner, then adjust the schedule accordingly.
- Once complete: File > Save As > Save with a different name (as to not make changes to the original template… Ex. “WEEKLY CONFERENCE ROOM SCHEDULE_5.21.18”)
- Open a web browser and navigate to yodeck.com
- Login with the account associated with the front office monitor
- Once logged in, select the following path on the left-side of the page: Media > Documents
- Click the green “Add Documents” button at the bottom of the page (Note: You may delete older files if you desire by clicking the red garbage can icon to the right side of it.)
- On the pop-up, select the following buttons: PowerPoint (PPT) File > Choose
- Browse local computer files to find the newly created PowerPoint, then click the green “Create” button at the bottom once you’ve selected the new file
- Once the file is added in, change the “Name” form to add the current date if it does not appear already, then click the green “Add Exception” button under the duration
- Under Page Exceptions, change click the up arrow next to “Pages” to 2, then change the “Duration” section to 45 by using the up arrow as well.
- What this will do: Play the title page for 10 seconds, then play the 2nd page (with the schedule) for 45 seconds.
- Click the blue “Save” button at the bottom of the page
- The file will begin uploading and encoding. You can see the progress in the top right side of the screen. Once it shows 0 for both, the file has been successfully uploaded.
- On the left-side of the page, select “Playlists.” There should only be 1 playlist option labeled “NESC Weekly Conference Room Schedule Playlist” > Select the edit icon (pencil) to the right side of the playlist under the “Actions” section
- On the film reel, hover over ANY items on the list and select the “X” icon that appears over it to remove old files from the current playlist. Then underneath the film reel, you will find all files & media that has been uploaded to the player. Locate the newly added PowerPoint presentation (if you hover over the icons, it will give the full name which should have the current date per step #11). Once the current file has been located, select it and drag it to the film reel.
- You’ll notice that you do not have an option to edit the file. This is okay as it was already edited to preference during the process of uploading it. Scroll to the top of the page and select the blue “Save” button. This will save all changes to the playlist. Finally, you should notice a blinking red button to “Push to Players?”… Press this button to upload all new changes to the monitor. No changes will be made to the monitor until “Push to Players?” has been selected. The changes should appear on the monitor within approximately 1 minute.