Add a Link to a File or Web Site
Posted by Tiffany Eck on 30 August 2010 02:52 PM
Although it's easy to generate content directly in Moodle, you can also upload any type of electronic file you like. All you need to do is make sure your students can access it with the appropriate software on their computers. |
Once you've added a file to your files area, you can easily add it as a resource for your students.
1. In Editing Mode, select "Add Link to File or Web Site" from the Resource menu from the content block where you want to add the link to the file.
2. On the Edit page, click the "Choose or upload a file" button. A new window will pop up with the files area directory structure.
3. Find the file you want to add in the files area. You can also upload a new file here if you'd like.
4. On the right side of the files list, you will see a "Choose" link in bold. Click that link. The Files window will close, and the path to the file will be entered into the file name.
5. You can choose to display the file in a new pop-up window. Most of the time, you won't need to worry about this with uploaded content.
6. The name of the resource will now be an active link in the content block.