Create Signature in Adobe Acrobat from Microsoft Office
Please note that some steps may vary by version of Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office.
Note: Because signatures are unique to individuals, Adobe limits 1 signature and 1 initial to be saved by individual user.
For more information on using Fill and Sign features of Adobe Acrobat, please visit Adobe Support Fill and Sign PDF Forms with Adobe Acrobat.
For information on creating Certificate-based signatures, please visit Adobe Support Certificate-Based Signatures with Adobe Acrobat.
1. Export Microsoft Office document as a PDF
File > Export > Create PDF/XPS Document > Create PDF/XPS > Name & Save document
2. Open Adobe Acrobat (if it doesn’t automatically open with your new PDF document)
- Navigate to File > Open > Select Document
- Select the Fill & Sign button (pen icon) on the upper toolbar
- Select Add Signature from the drop down menu
- In the new window, select Draw from the top menu, then create your signature using your cursor. Select Apply.
3. Your new signature will appear as an overlay on your document. Click and drag with your cursor to move your signature to the proper location. You can also drag from the lower-right corner to resize if necessary.
4. Finally, navigate to File > Save to save your document with the signature.